Sunday, October 17, 2010

Decisions











This is about to be an ecceptionally long entry.

I have finally decided on my major, well for now anyways. Veterinary Medicine, specifically large animal and equine.

Its what I have always wanted to do since I was a little girl when I went around the house wrapping up our family pets and 'nursing' them when they were sick or were recovering from surgery or whatnot.

I'm not real sure my dad is too keen on the idea, but Its what I really want to do.

I am so excited because we have connections through friends to this large animal/ equine vet. I am going to get to shadow him when he has a bunch of stuff lined up. I CANNOT WAIT.

I also want to shadow maybe just a regular vet just to see which one I like best.

I really like Mississippi State. We are planning a visit really soon. Its in a small town in the middle of a state where I'm fairly sure is mainly farmland. My type of place.

It also helps that Michael is looking at there as a possibility as well, seeing as both of his parents are alumni. It just seems more homey than USA. I'm excited. And scared. But maybe I can do this.

Yesterday I went with Hannah and Gaby to Bridgestreet to see a movie, Life As We Know It, and to shop. It was so much fun. I feel like I have in a way been neglecting them lately. Its not that I intentionally don't go out or hang out with them. I am just constantly busy. And not really busy with other activities, just HOMEWORK. I don't ditch them for Michael, even though it may seem that way sometimes. All I do is sit at home and do work. He is the only one that can help me with my math, and the very large majority of the time, that is what we do when we are together.

I just miss them. But I think the whole not seeing them thing is about to get better.

Emily is coming next weekend. I'm excited. Although I can't do my original plan to have my birthday party then, I AM still going to have it, it just might not get to be until early November.

I had a wonderful weekend right after Homecoming and my birthday at Fort Walton Beach, FL with Michael and his family. I love his mom so much, she is so cute. His grandmother, aunt, and her two children were also there. One was nine or ten-ish and the other little boy, Phillip, was five.
I have hardly ever had to deal with little kids that don't like me. I love them, and they usually like me too. However, Philip I'm pretty sure hated me. Maybe it was just his 'girls-have-cooties' phase or something, or maybe I was taking away him and Michael time. He completely ADORED Michael. It was so cute. So did Suzanna, his other cousin.
Coversation:
Michael- "Phillip, do you think my girlfriend is pretty?"
Phillip- "...NO! She is ugly and has boogers and is the meanest girl in the WHOLE world!"

Thats how most of the things he said to me the rest of the weekend went.

The first real night there we all went out to dinner at Joes Crab Shack, but the next night Michael took just me out for my Birthday dinner. We went to the Back Porch, its my favorite little place there in Destin. After we were done our waitor came up to us and said,

"Its yalls luckyday! A family that was sitting over there paid for yalls meal! They said they remembered what it was like to be young and in love, and short on money!"

It made my night.

I'm pretty sure later on that same night all of the 'kids' went crab hunting, Suzanna brought a cup full of crabs back up the the condo, and... somehow it got dumped, and they were then all over the floor. Yeah.

I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting, but I guess thats all for now!

Oh, and I'm super excited at the possibility of me and Michael getting to take ballroom dancing classes. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment