Friday, October 29, 2010

Beggining of the 'Lasts'







Last night was my last Austin Football game.

I didn't think it was going to upset me as much as it did.

It was probably the best game ever. We didn't win, but I could feel how close all of us were, I think everybody could. Everyone talked to everyone and we just talked and laughed and cheered and danced and had a wonderful time.

I just love our Senior class. Some of the other grades at Austin right now are very cliquey. We have never been. Everyone has almost always gotten along with most everyone.

After the game the band played the alma mater and we all put our arms around eachother for the last time in a football game. Some of the boys have played in Ogle stadium since they were freshmen.

Even though we didn't coming out the winning team, it didn't really matter. Teams that stick together through losses are so much stronger than those who only come together for the wins.

Everyone just started hugging everyone that was around them, whether they were best friends or just someone you've had in classes. It was the start of, I'm sure, many heartbreaking moments that will come this year.

I know I will stay in touch with my best friends like Gaby and Hannah and them, but it really hit me hard when I hugged my best guy friends William and Cole. I love them both so much and I don't know if I can live with not seeing them both everday. Without them around, I won't get my daily doeses of name-calling, teasing, or being farted on!

I can predict lots of tears this year. I broke down in the safety of my car after the game when the Taylor Swift song 'Never Grow Up' came on.

Lets all go back to Freshman year and do it all over again.

I'm really trying not to think about graduation. We still have seven months to make the best of.

Proud to be a Black Bear.









No comments:

Post a Comment