Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cambios

There have been lots of changes and eventful things happening in my life lately.

I finally recieved my letter into Mississippi State a couple days ago, and my official certificate came in Friday!

I'm pretty sure this is really where I want to go.

I know its probably really dumb to already think that, seeing as my campus visit isn't til December, but I've done alot of research on it and watched all the videos on their website, and just looks like a place I can see myself at. I visited USA last spring, and it seemed like a wonderful school. Everything was being remodled, and its right near the beach, but it just didn't feel very home-y. Mississippi State is in Starkville, MS, which is very small town, just how I like it. Some people are into the huge college towns where theres tons of stuff to do and a bunch of people and parties every night, and I'm sure there will be thing along the same lines at State, but probably not to the degree of Auburn or Alabama. Its a smaller-ish school; I think I read somewhere that the student teacher ratio was something like 18:1. Plus if I go there I can get all my Veterinary schooling in at one institution without transfer.

I'm really excited about my decision of Veterinary medicine, specifically large animal as my major, but I'm just so worried that I'm not going to be smart enough, and am going to flunk out.
However, I'm really hoping one of my best friends, Cole goes there as well. He was accepted a couple days after me!

In recent days I have it has been brought to my attention that people DO indeed change. I have been blessed in my middle and high school years to not have to experience some of the drama and life altering conflicts among friends that some of the people my age face. There will always be people that filter in and out of your life. Some, you think at the time, are your friend or possibly best friend, but in the end you hang out with them continuously for a few weeks or months, then they gradually make their way back out of your life as quickly as they came. Its not a bad thing, its just life. Many times, I think, those people have a purpose, even if its not to be a life-long best friend. The worst experiences you have with people still always teach you some sort of lesson. I haven't really noticed til now, but I've changed too.
That being said, I also believe, that those select few people that you do call you forever best friends can sometimes teach you the hardest lessons of all. They know you best. Everyone changes, but I think your best friends change and adapt with you and to eachother, together. Thats the beauty of friendship, they love you for who you are, ALL the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment