Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I am so busy all the time. I love staying busy and staying active, but today, while I was sitting and reading my book for my life group, I realized how busy and "on" my mind actually stays. I am reading the book, Walking with God, for our group. It was a coincidence that RIGHT before I read the section talking about this, that I actually realized how ADD I am.

Our brains are constantly looking for something to do these days. Even when we are 'relaxing,' I especially, let my mind wander to different things like when I'm going to study, or a new work-out, or what time I need to get to the library, or when I'm going to get to the station next. It never stops. I 'read' probably three whole pages in that book before I realized that I had no clue what I had really read, but instead looked up at every car that drove by, and studied all the people in the coffee shop I was in, and just thought about other things than what I was actually trying to focus on.

The book talked about how we have to be still and quiet and actually take time out of our day to slow down and listen to God. I will be first to admit that I don't do this enough. I am always going from one place to another. And when I do have time to just sit, I am planning what I'm going to do next, not spending my time doing something that is actually really valuable, talking to God.
I am working on it.

I love this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment