Tuesday, April 24, 2012

There'll be days like this my momma said

"And she's going to learn that this life will hit you hard in the face, wait for you to get back up just so it can kick you in the stomach. But getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air."


There are days when it feels like it is all I can do to keep breathing and walking. When I feel like everyone is looking down on me and I will never be good enough, or strong enough, or pretty enough. When people are mean with no good reason. When I walk into the new gym and there is literally a convention of gorgeous, fit, gods and goddesses right before my eyes and I have a mental break down and go to the old gym and work out with my old people who could care less about anything. Its on these days that I get scared to death that I am not going to pass the National Registry exam that will get me my EMT licence and help me reach my dreams.


Then, there are days like today, when I spend almost every minutes with my best friends outside riding bikes on the back roads of the Wildlife Refugee where we are technically not supposed to be. When we drive with the windows down and dance like dorks at red lights just to watch the peoples' faces in neighboring cars. When Jacob says "We have to hang out. Its only going to be us four before long; me,you,Jordan, and Andrew." When we all go to the gym and work out together and holler at the top of our lungs when grinding through an ab workout. When we go out to eat then someone farts all the way home until we have to pull over and let him go stink up some poor not knowing business owner's bathroom.  


My favorite thing in the world is when Jacob looks at me and says, "I'm glad we are friends"


I am kind of convinced that they are some of the most wonderful people on the planet. I could not ask for more. We have also decided that when we grow up, ( I say that like it is so far away) we are going to build our houses in a circle and all live together. I wish.
I love them more than life.

No comments:

Post a Comment