Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Love- William Shakespeare

"Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night." -Romeo and Juliet

I want to marry William Shakespeare. He is the best writer of all time. Even though many of his stories are tradgedies, his words are beautiful and flowing, and just make me incredibly happy. Boys of today could learn something from him.
Although Romeo and Juliet can be argued whether it is, in fact, the greatest love story ever told, I do believe it is. What woman or man would want more than for their beloved to sacrifice themselves for the other? Romeo knew he would want know one else if Juliet were not alive, and he could not live without her. (Maybe he could have waited around a few more minutes, but...) And Juliet, upon her waking felt the same. It was an intensly wonderful gorgeous love, one worth dying for. Every girl wants that one boy to come throw rocks at her window and climb up a tree just to see her face.
I'm usually not one to be in favor of well known, over read literary works, but Romeo and Juliet is probably my favorite from Shakespeare. A Midsummer Night's Dream is a very close second.

"One fairer than my love? The all-seeing sun Ne'er saw her match since first the world begun."

No comments:

Post a Comment