Thursday, April 7, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love

I just started reading this book, and I already feel like it is telling the story of me, and what I should do. Or maybe I just want to think that because I have this great yearning desire to go to Italy and all of the other places she visits, but especially Italy. (I was wondering if they have good schools in Italy, I might just move there for good after college) It makes me want to learn how to live again. I think I have sort of lost the ability to just relax and have fun. Or maybe not entirely lost, but have put other things, that really are not going to matter ten years from now, over my happiness. I want it to be warm and to sit in the sun in the middle of the woods and read a good book. (Maybe Walden- Tehe) Or to be able to eat anything I want and not think about whats in it, or the consequences it might have on my body. Tonight I went with Lynn and Olivia with their youth group to go eat and to watch a movie. We saw the new movie Soul Surfer. And although I have not had the experience of having my arm bitten off by a shark,I think alot of the messages in the movie are some I could learn. I know life is not easy, and who doesn't have their fair share of weaknesses and bouts of trials that test you and your belief in yourself and God? But really, people I know complain so much about irrelevant material things, including myself. I'm probably the Queen of whining, even though I try not to be aloud, thinking it to myself is just as bad. God still hears me. People in Japan or Indonesia have had their families and friends ripped apart by natural disasters and still have more faith and trust in God than some of us will ever have. In the movies, the girl who lost her arm was so grateful to one of her surf competitors who was always the biggest (insert what word you are thinking here) to her, not because of her jerk-ish attitude, but because she never treated her any differently from before the accident, to after. I want to help people. I want to write a book for people that face the same problems I do. I want to learn to talk better to the ones I am close to so that they don't have to drag things out of me. I suck at talking about me. Also, my best friend went with me to church this morning, and I'm glad that we did not freak her out with our weirdness. I love her, and I love my church. I aspire to be just like Mrs. Bene'. She is my role model.

No comments:

Post a Comment