Monday, July 19, 2010

Hundreth Customer




Tonight, I knew Michael had been wanting to go to Chili's because they have that whole Two for Twenty deal, (I don't relly like going out to eat, but I know he loves it so...) so we went at about eight.

When w walked in and were being seated, At a table a couple over from ours, IV, our pastor at Epic and his wife Bene' were waving at me. Ella, their adorable daughter ran up and hugged me. We talked to them for a few minutes, then went and sat down.

After we got done eating, our very cheery waitress came to our table and said "Yall are good to go!" We sat there for a second when we both came to the realization we had not paid yet! So of course we waited for her to walk by again, and when she did she hushedly said, "You don't have to pay, its on us. Yall are our hundreth customers!" So, again we sat there in shock. I was so excited because nothing, NOTHING, like that ever happens to me. I can't even win a game of bingo...

So we get up, still in awe and disbeleif and smiling walk out and start to drive home. About half way home I said "Oh no!! We didn't leave a tip!" I always leave a tip, wether our server is good or bad, and feel awful if we don't. And she was so nice, so I 'm like "Can we please go back up there and find her to give her one?! Its the least we can do after her giving us a free meal."

We pull back in the parking lot, and IV and Bene are sitting on the benches out fromt talking to whomever they ate dinner with, when we walk back into Chili's. We find out waitress and begin our story of being in complete amazement at our not having to pay, and totally forgetting a tip and driving back up there, and she was very greatful and probably amused. Then she says "Now you didn't hear it from me, I wasn't supposed to tell you, But that man sitting at the long table paid for yalls meal!" I started smiling so big and ran out of the the restaurant right to IV and gave him and Mrs. Bene' huge hugs. I just love them. He is the best pastor in the world :)

"That best portion of a good man's life, His little, nameless, unremembered acts Of kindness and of love."
- William Wordsworth

1 comment:

  1. We sure are lucky folks to have such wonderful people in our lives! I love the marsh family!!!

    ReplyDelete