Tuesday, January 3, 2012

the holidays



Sometimes I feel the only thing I blog about is my friends, well my friends and the occasional weird song lyric. But I think that is okay, seeing as God has given me best people I could ever ask for. Since a little before Christmas til New Years day I spent almost all of my time with Becca because she came here then we went back to spend New Years in Hoover. Before then, I had not seen her since July. JULY. That's almost six months. I honestly don't have that many super close girls friends that are here. Nowadays, most of them are boys, which is fine, I love them, but its just not the same. You can't lay in bed all day watching movies with no make up on and your hair going a thousand different directions with just anybody. Or walk around with no pants on, or do each others hair (which really means Becca doing my hair, because that is the advantage to having a star cosmetology student as a best friend).

Together, Becca, Jacob, and I have been the terrific trio for about the last year, especially this past summer. It is so strange because on the surface we are all such different people, but we just work. It felt so good to be back together this past week with them. All we did the whole time was just lay around, play games, and eat... which is what we do best. Eat, and then listen and smell out abnormally gaseous friend proudly exhibit his "talents." But it was the best regardless.

Becca left a couple days before New Years Eve to go back to Hoover and I came down the 31st after I got off of work. Here older sister and her fiance had a little party at their house. It was a lot of fun, not to big or wild and crazy, but just right. The next day, me and Becca were sitting on her bed talking and I said something firefighting related. She stopped and looked at me and said, "Elyse you are so awesome, really." That's why I love Becca. We are both those type of people who generally care about each other. We don't just ramble and complain about ourselves and our problems all the time without even stopping to ask how the other is. Not that we don't ever rant, because goodness knows I do, but we both just love each other, and Jacob too. I need friends like that to remind me that I am 'awesome' because sometimes I have a hard time making myself believe it. I love telling them that they are as well, because they truly are amazing.
It has been a good Christmas break.


P.S.- Her and I BOTH went and got our traguses pierced. We are such rebels.








No comments:

Post a Comment