Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Excitement.

Last night, I printed out my presentation/ research in a packet that at least 12 pages a piece and gave them to my parents... I didn't really get to give my big speech presentation because they were both asleep at 10:15. So, I just laid it right in front of them, so that they could read it when they woke up.
I was sitting at the table this morning when my walked in and said, "So. Firefighter Elyse huh?"

I cannot explain how excited I am.

I went up to Calhoun this afternoon to see if I could talk to anyone, since no one ever calls me back from that school to make an appointment. I walked into the EMS (emergency medical services) building, which is super nice, and the admissions lady directed me to Mark Branon's office. He is Director of the Allied Health Department, EMS Program Director, a Paramedic, teacher, and probably my new hero .
He was so nice and very helpful. From the time i walked into his office and started talking to him i was so excited. You know that jumpy feeling you get in your tummy when you are happy about something, well thats what i was feeling the whole time and as I was driving home. He said he wouldn't even mind if I came and sat in on a class sometime over the summer!

I just can't even put into words how ecstatic I am right now. NOW, all I have to is wait for someone to drop out of the program at the beginning of August so that I can enroll in the basic EMT classes right away and not have to wait a semester! But even if I do have to wait, I have to do my general education classes sometime anyways!

1 comment:

  1. you. are. going. to. be. the. cutest. freaking. fire. fighter. that. there. ever. was.



    I LOVE YOU.. i'm so excited for you!! i'm excited that you're excited! this is great!!!

    ReplyDelete