Monday, June 27, 2011

Truly, Madly, Deeply


Romantic is such ill-represented and conceived word.
When I think romantic, I see hand holding and arm around your shoulders and someone tickling me until I can't breathe and big bear hugs and a kiss on the forehead and dancing like five year olds.

But that's just me.

I suppose the majority of the high school and college age population probably has a different view.

----------

You know what I love, children.
Especially the Bender children.
I miss babysitting for them like I did last summer. Well, maybe I don't miss being in charge of usually 5 of the total 7 children for 8 or so hours of the day, or Collin climbing the wall of the living room to see what surprise snack I am making them in the kitchen, or both Collin and Olivia almost giving each other concussions from beating each other with the metal end of the water hose, or Olivia not sharing one of her hundred Polly Pockets with sweet Abby. But you get the point. I would dare anyone to spend a day with them and see if they don't want to take them home with them at the end of that day.

I was working out yesterday and Amanda Bender came up and was talking to me. She said the kids were in the baby room and that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to go see them because they were tired and cranky.So I just waited until they were leaving to say hi.
I walked up to Olivia, who looked at me with her little eyes that always seem in a perpetual state of analysis. I guess it took her a second to recognize me with my nasty hair, cut-off work out shirt, and sweaty-ness, but after she did she was swinging from my waist like a trapeze artist. Then Abby, the absolute most adorable gorgeous child on the planet, came up to me and just started chatting away like I had been there the whole time. I love her.
Olivia said, "Why don't you ever babysit for us anymore? Mom, please hire her!"


No comments:

Post a Comment